Thursday, January 9, 2014

Meal Plans

I go through phases with meal plans. For me, 3/5 meals a day are pretty standard, but it is the other 2 that I either plan in advance, or just wing it. If you're just starting out, planning meals is crucial. It's too easy to go out and grab something to eat if you haven't planned what you're going to eat. 
It's helpful to write it down, make your shopping list based on what you've planned and put your menu somewhere that you're going to see it. It's even MORE helpful if you've prepped for some of your lunches and dinners - there's no good reason to waste prepped food!

This is what a typical day looks like for me:

1. Smoothie or oatmeal: 1/2 pre, 1/2 post workout. 
2. Veggies and hummus. 
3. Lunch - this always changes. 
4. Hard boiled eggs and a muffin
5. Dinner - this also varies 
(6. Bedtime snack - depends on how I'm feeling)

My lunches are normally leftovers, a salad, something that I've bulk cooked or something I've made previously that was waiting for me in the freezer :)
Dinners are always different and are FAR easier if planned. I have plenty of dinner and lunch ideas under my "eat clean" tab if you're looking for ideas! More recently, I've been searching through cookbooks instead of browsing the internet for meal ideas. Recipes don't normally get into cookbooks unless they're tried and tested, and anything can be posted online! Probably an odd statement coming from a blogger who always posts recipes...
Here are some of my more recent dinners and lunches:

 This AWESOME Turkey Rice Soup:
 A simple, but delicious salad:
 
"Creamy" Rice Pasta:
 And this odd creation that I'll likely never be able to recreate:

No comments:

Post a Comment