Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WIAW and a New Oatmeal Recipe :)

I'm not going to pretend that it's not a relief to be off of the detox. As helpful as it was (really!) it was very restrictive and I'm having fun mixing detox-type foods with my normal foods!
I didn't take a picture of everything that I ate, but here's the run-down:

1. Pre/Post Workout: Raspberry vanilla overnight oats (recipe below!). I ate half before, half PWO. 
2. Veggies, homemade hummus and grapes (not pictured)
3. Vegetable, kale and bean saute. I'm OBSESSED. SO GOOD. Go try it. NOW. :)
4. Pumpkin muffin and a hard boiled egg. (Not pictured)
5. A few snacks after work (crackers dipped in egg salad, cereal).. whoops! 
6. Leftover turkey and bean chili with cottage cheese and avocado. 
7. Two pieces of organic rice milk chocolate. 

It may not have been a perfect day, but I think it was definitely a balanced one!

Raspberry Vanilla Overnight Oats!

1/2 banana
1/3 cup oats
1/2 - 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp chia seeds
3/4 scoop vanilla protein
cinnamon
dash of vanilla

Mix everything together, cover and throw it in the fridge overnight!

What's your favourite kind of oats?
Have you made anything with kale that you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment