Friday, November 22, 2013

Giving up the Negativity

I can't even believe the response I got from Wednesday's post! Thanks everyone for all of the love! I can't believe how free and refreshed I feel right now. 
When I got to the gym this morning (at 5am, like every other morning) I was so happy to be there to do my thing. I'm not going to let food rule my life, but I'm still going to be in charge of what I want to do. Just because I've decided that I look great and I don't need to change doesn't mean I'm going to give up the lifestyle that I love. It means I'm going to love myself, love my balanced lifestyle and do exactly what I want to do all the time (except maybe from 7:30am-4:30pm M-F when adult life dictates I need to be at work. But one day I WILL be doing EXACTLY the kind of work I want to.).
Most days, I WANT to be at the gym at 5am. I WANT to prep my food for the next day every night. I WANT to fuel my body with good, whole food. And then sometimes I WANT to drink a caesar or a beer with friends and family, and I WANT to eat some dark chocolate covered raisins (you can bet that both of those things happened yesterday).
I'm not always going to join in on eating junk food and drinking, and if I don't it's not going to be because I'll feel guilty or I'm trying to lose weight. It will simply be because I still enjoy living a balanced lifestyle, and don't feel like eating processed foods or drinking and that's OKAY too.

Sometimes I'll eat food like this...
 
And then sometimes I'll eat food like this...

But from now on I will ALWAYS be positive about myself, my body and my lifestyle. When I was all happy at 5am today I decided that I'm going to start every day with a positive thought. Today was simple - I was proud that I had made it to the gym every morning this week, and finished up week 2 of body earned! 

 
When I left the gym today I had sore abs, a good pump and a smirk on my face before I went back out to my car in a hoodie, winter jacket... and shorts. 

Have you ever had a revelation like I did?
What's your lifestyle like? 

No comments:

Post a Comment