Monday, December 9, 2013

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

This isn't really a fitness/health related post, but I will play it up for being all about my balanced lifestyle. This weekend we had our Hak Family Christmas Day! It's the first annual one, and included a tree hunt, Christmas movies, a gingerbread decorating contest, and more movies. 
I started off my Saturday morning with a quick run, knowing that there would be a lot of food and drinks all day. After that we headed out to meet my parents, Bran and Alyssa at the tree farm! 
Lee and I found our tree within about 38.2 seconds. Please note the boots. My mom and I have been wearing these matching boots for YEARS. 
In true Hak family style, we brought our new shotski and some fireball whiskey with us for when we found my parents tree..


Allofus together!

We got home and had some delicious chili my mom had made, and then got to work on our gingerbread houses! We teamed up in couples, and things got serious! We opened up voting to friends and family after we were done.
Lee and I won with our Griswold House! Note the ladder, the RV and the tree stump :)
In second place was Bran and Lys with their Las Vegas display, as we're going there in April!

My mom and dad came in 3rd with their chalet bar - they actually stuck mini wheats on the side, and got fake snow from somewhere. 
Sunday morning I was up early and watched Arthur Christmas before breakfast. Once Lee and I got home we decorated our first tree, and I wrapped most of our presents!
Although the weekend was great, I always look forward to being back into a routine and some healthier eating. My stomach was NOT happy with me on Sunday morning at all!
This morning I got up and went for a quick run in the snow - stay tuned for tips later this week on winter running!

Is your tree up?
Does your family have Christmas traditions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment