Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Quick Recipe!

A few nights ago I went over to my friend Sam's house to bake and have my hair done and I offered to bring over something to eat for dinner so as not to waste any time. I threw this together quickly before running over there. My apologies for the lack of measuring. 

1. Saute veggies in olive oil and garlic. I used: zucchini, cauliflower, peppers and celery. You can seriously use whatever you want. I had the veggies chopped up from the night before when I was making curry. 

2. Add cooked chicken (I also cooked this the night before!).

3. In a bowl, mix 2-3 eggs with some extra egg whites. Clear a bit of a area in the middle of your pan with the veggies and chicken, and add the eggs to cook. 

4. Add quinoa and brown rice (Also had this cooked from the night before. See now why this was so easy? Prep!). 

5. Add a bit of soy sauce and pad thai sauce, pepper and mix well! I used PC pad thai sauce cause it was in the fridge. Clean? Not really. Delicious? Yep. 

Sam and her man both loved it, and my co-worker commented on how excellent it smelled. Dishes like this are insanely easy to throw together on a weeknight when you have things ready to go in the fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment