Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Turkey Vegetable Soup

Alright, I had my fun with my Christmas post (don't think it's the last!!), but I thought I should share one of my favourite soup recipes. I've said it before, I'll say it again - soup is one of the easiest and most delicious things to make! I know a lot of people that don't think it counts as a full meal. Trust me - this one makes a good meal. 
As always, this recipe is totally modifiable to your tastes. 

Turkey Vegetable Soup

1 lb lean ground turkey
taco seasoning
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp pepper
garlic
EVOO

1 cup carrots
1 cup broccoli slaw (or cabbage)
1 cup celery
1 cup onion
EVOO

6 cups chicken broth
1 can beans (I used chick peas)
1 can Italian diced tomatoes (no salt)
(1/2 cup cooked macaroni - you can add this, I didn't)

pepper
basil
Italian seasoning

Cook the turkey with the first group of ingredients. Chop up your vegetables and add to your soup pot to cook. Once softened, add the chicken broth, beans, tomatoes and turkey. Add any additional spices that you wish. This is where it's fun because you can keep taste-testing and adding more until it's perfect!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment