Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Cucumber and Zucchini Salad with ACV

I go through phases with taking apple cider vinegar (ACV), just like I go through phases with taking liquid iron versus the pill form. I should probably try and keep up with the first two better, but I just can't seem to make them into priorities, even though I'm prone to bloating, and I've still been very lightheaded lately because of my low iron. 
Speaking of low iron, this topic has something to do with my final paper for class that is due on Friday, which I'm FINISHED! Yep. I was done with 4 days to spare and I'm very happy about that. 
Yesterday, I tried to do another WIAW, but about halfway through the day I forgot to take pictures of my food. Whoops. 

On Friday night I was making dinner and had veggies that desperately needed to be eaten, including a cucumber and a zucchini, and this was the result:

1 cucumber (peeled or unpeeled), finely sliced
1 zucchini, peeled and finely sliced
1/3 large red onion, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup ACV
1/4 cup water
pepper
dill
basil
garlic

Mix all of the above together and let cool in a covered container for about an hour before serving. I shook mine up a few times during the hour. This stayed good for two days in my fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment