Monday, January 6, 2014

Pantry Staples

I have to apologize (I feel like I do that a lot), this took way to long to get started. On the bright side, I have started and I really hope that this helps! Below I've compiled a list of some of my staples that I try to always have on hand for both cooking and baking. I may need to come back to these lists a few times, in case I've forgotten things. 

Cooking Staples

  • Beans (black, white, kidney, chickpeas, lentils)
  • Brown rice
  • Quinoa
  • Spices
  • Nuts (also for baking!)
  • Chicken and beef broth
  • Olive oil
  • Tahini
  • Pasta sauce

Baking Staples
  • Oats
  • Oat flour
  • Other flours (almond, coconut)
  • Baking soda
  • Baking powder
  • Sweetener (the kind you use really depends on preferences)
  • Coconut 
  • Chocolate chips (enjoy life mini chips)
  • Unsweetened applesauce
  • No sugar added syrup
  • Cocoa power
  • Chia seeds
  • Coconut oil
  • Peanut butter
  • True lemon
  • Vanilla extract (and other extracts - almond, mint, maple)
  • Parchment paper muffin cups
This is what my cupboards currently look like - mostly items that I use, and a few random things that are Lee's. I can't wait to have a big kitchen with TONS of storage so I can be extremely organized all the time. For now, I have chairs close on hand for when I need to climb up and find stuff hidden in the back. 


What are some of your staples?

No comments:

Post a Comment