Thursday, September 26, 2013

Goal Setting and Nutrition

Since taking those pictures, I've been obsessively thinking about the importance of nutrition. I KNOW how hard I worked at the gym during those 12 weeks, so why not more progress? Nutrition. Nutrition. NUTRITION. I've been hearing for years that nutrition is 80% of your progress, and I accepted this, but seeing how true it is makes it so much more relevant. 

You can't exercise off a bad diet. 

The annoying thing though? I don't have a bad diet. It just wasn't on point for my goals. If my plan was to maintain, I'd have a pretty solid diet that balanced well with my exercise. But I don't just want to maintain. I want to progress. I'm actually grateful for the wake up call, it's been helpful for motivating me
Right now I have all of this motivation, but I don't know where I'm going with it. Other than the gym and the produce section at the grocery store. I need a goal to stay on track.
So here it is. For the next 6 weeks I will:
1. Aim to eat about 2000 calories a day. 
2. Minimize mindless snacking (enough with the crackers and cereal!).
3. Eat at least 40 grams of fibre a day.  
4. Give myself an honest grade at the end of each day based on how well I believe I did with my eating.

How do you kickstart a new plan?
What are your goals right now?

P.S. Don't forget to check out my instagram @balancingclean :)

No comments:

Post a Comment