Monday, September 16, 2013

Kitchen Cheats

Eating healthy can be a lot of work, and a lot of prep. I think this is one of the reasons that people give up on it, or feel too overwhelmed to start. I like to do whatever I can to make my life easier during the week, so as you've seen I like to take some time on the weekend to do prep. This always includes hard boiled eggs, muffins and sometimes chopping vegetables or cooking lunches. Lately I've been more into taking leftovers for lunch than bulk cooking on Sundays. 
One of my more brilliant ideas lately has been for my smoothies. I always make my smoothies two at a time, but with everything I put in them it can still take a while. That's when I decided to make a smoothie mix. 
In a bowl I mix:
1 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup ground flax
1/2 cup chia
1/2 cup hemp hearts
This way I get all of my superfoods in one easy scoop! I've been added psyllium husk in the morning before I drink it, just because it gels and makes the smoothie too thick if I add it the night before. 

I did try to take some progress pictures, but it didn't work out. I'm hoping to have Amy take some this weekend to post with my review :)

What are some of your kitchen cheats?

No comments:

Post a Comment