Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Quick Update!


I've been slacking, I know. I guess when I'm trying to balance so much all at once, updating my blog does not take priority. Here's an update from the last week:
  •  School is BUSY. This isn't an undergrad that you show up to class sometimes and never read anything. I have an assignment and readings to do for every class, and it's not a small amount of work.
  • My beautiful cousin Krista got married on Saturday night - great night, lots of celebrating and toasts.
  • Thanks to all of Krista's toasts, Sunday was a struggle. I had a ton of homework to do, plus prepping for the week, and we didn't get home until about 2:00. On top of that - Lee left at 3:00 on Sunday to head to the cottage. A week without Lee isn't my favourite kind of week :(
  • I managed to get some homework done on Sunday, but not near enough. Finally around 6:00 I realized that I absolutely needed to make some sort of food for the week, and in an hour managed to make: hard boiled eggs, sweet potatoes for eggs, ground chicken, chopped veggies for eggs and for salads, two smoothies, eggs for Monday and Tuesday, and a sandwich for dinner because nothing else sounded appetizing. I decided that sleep was necessary Sunday night, and crashed early to hopefully have some energy for Monday. 
  • Monday was a long day at work, followed by even more homework. By the end of the night I was starting to feel better and more prepared for the week. As much as it sucks that Lee is away, it gives me a bit of extra focus for homework.
  • Tuesday was of course Bachelorette with Ames, which was much needed after so much homework (even though we were both doing work while half watching the show). We (okay, Amy made it) made little b's clean pizza, which was fantastic! Then we had a protein milkshake, also a hit. 
  • I somehow managed to get blisters on the bottom of my feet yesterday, which sucks and I'm praying go away ASAP.
So here are my take-home lessons from the last week:
  • Doing school work on week nights is tough. Sundays need to be a food prep and homework day from now on. 
  • Alcohol is the devil. And being away for even one night on the weekend makes things really difficult. I've come to the conclusion that I may need to skip some family camping weekends this year, for the sake of not burning out, and for staying on top of school. 
  • When it comes to balance, it is important to have priorities. This blog is apparently not a huge priority when I get busy, but I missed it! I've still made it to the gym every morning, I'm still in bed before 10, earlier if I can help it, and my eats are still clean. Here's hoping that within the next week or two I have this school/work balance fully figured out! I should probably stop answering emails at 10:30pm for starters...
What get sacrificed for you when you're busy?

No comments:

Post a Comment