Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pizza Night!

With me being lactose intolerant and "into this whole healthy thing", Lee doesn't get a lot of pizza in our house. However, last weekend I came across a LF cheese that wasn't horribly priced, which meant a long overdue pizza night was necessary. 
I wanted it to be healthy, but taste as unhealthy as possible. This is the recipe I used:

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oat flour (I might make these half and half next time)
1 package pizza yeast
Pinch of salt
Choice of seasoning - I used garlic powder, basil and crushed pepper flakes

1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey

Mix the first five ingredients in a bowl, and then add the last 3 to form into a ball by kneading with your hands. Take the ball out, lightly oil the bowl and put it back in. 
I put the lid on and let it sit for about an hour and a half (or longer, depending on when you make it), then pressed the ball back down and let it sit for a little while again. 
Roll the dough out on a floured wooden cutting board, and then transfer to a greased pizza sheet. Top with your favourites and then bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes depending on how thin it's been rolled out. I broiled ours at the end too. Enjoy! 
Can you tell which side is his?

No comments:

Post a Comment