Monday, July 29, 2013

Pancake Love

For a long time now weekends have meant pancakes for breakfast. Not just any pancake, but a healthy protein pancake to fuel my workout and satisfy my sweet tooth. Plus, it's a great treat for the weekend that doesn't deviate much from my rules guidelines. 
I've spent a while now trying to come up with a recipe I like. I used to just throw stuff into a bowl without measuring (I have a terrible habit of doing this whenever I cook). Sometimes it would be amazing, other time a disaster - but I think I've finally done it. 
This recipe makes enough for me to eat for 2 or 3 days, depending on how hungry I am. It's not uncommon for me to make a couple, and then go back and make an extra one!

You can modify the recipe based on your preferences - adding banana, apples, blueberries, chocolate chips.. anything works! The ones below are blueberry and dark chocolate chips. 

First mix:
1 cup oat flour
2 scoops vanilla protein
1/8 cup chia seeds
1/2 tsp baking powder
cinnamon

Then add:
1/4 cup egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/8 cup blended LF cottage cheese
vanilla 

I whip mine with a whisk a lot to make them nice and fluffy. I heat a dry pan on high until it's really hot, and then turn it down and spray with oil before adding the pancake mix. You can blend your additions right into the batter, or just put them on tip like I did below. I couldn't decide which I wanted, so naturally, I made both. 


Blueberries and dark chocolate chips!
Nice and fluffy! Topped with no sugar added syrup. Also delicious with my vanilla mousse, or soon to come peanut butter frosting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment