Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Oh Canada! And the first day of school?

I start classes today. In true Alisha fashion I arrived to campus an hour early, out of fear of not being able to find my lecture hall. Well, I found it, and now I'm sitting outside of it waiting. Very nervously. 

It doesn't help that I'm still not feeling the best after having such an awesome time in North Bay to celebrate Canada day. Lee and I got there around 10:00 on Friday night and the fun began immediately. 
I realized on Saturday morning that I did a really terrible job preparing my own food for the weekend. I brought protein muffins, protein cookies, a quinoa dish, protein powder and hummus, but this obviously wasn't going to suffice. Luckily, Lee came to the rescue as normal and dragged me into the car to go to the store. This was very successful and I came back with almond milk, chicken hot dogs, eggs to hard boil, oatmeal, blueberries, all bran and LF yogurt (which I didn't know existed until Saturday). 
This saved my mood, and my weekend. I was able to keep my eats decently clean all weekend (taking into consideration that it was a cottage weekend), which I hope helped to off-set some of the beverages that were consumed. 

For anyone that hasn't been to Northern Ontario, I wanted to take some pictures to try an capture how absolutely amazing it is there. Although no picture can really do it justice, I tried. 

A view of the lake and the dock:
The cottage lit up at night:
Sunday morning when I woke up I ate a small breakfast on the dock while reading, and went for a nice long run before everyone else was up. Perfect morning.
Lee and I on the deck :)
The most amazing cottage ever...

Overall, it was a great weekend and a nice way to spend my last few days before life gets too crazy. 
I had the hardest time waking up this morning, but luckily I was on my game and managed to pack food for the day. It will be a miracle if I can make it to the gym later today, but I'm going to try my best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment