Monday, June 24, 2013

A Welcome Reminder


Sometimes I need a reminder of why I choose to keep my eats clean. I had that rude, but necessary reminder today. 

The majority of my weekend was spent at a cottage for my cousin's bachelorette, and after a few too many drinks, unhealthy eats and not enough sleep, I felt AWFUL. Don't get me wrong, I had an absolutely awesome time, and I didn't regret... at first. I could barely keep my eyes open driving to the gym this morning, and during my workout I thought I may either pass out or puke. I know had I been feeling better I would have had a better go at W2D1, which is one of the biggest reasons I eat the way I do. Proper fuel = awesome workouts. I still had my highest burn regardless though, I wouldn't let myself give up.


Weekends are still one of my biggest challenges, especially if there are a few drinks involved. I'm hoping that how I felt this morning will help me moving forward. When it comes to fitness, you get out of it what you put into it. I'm not training for an event or trying to lean out for any particular occasion, so there is no reason to get too upset about bad weekends. I still want to enjoy my summer (and the rest of my life) and not let my lifestyle control what I do. I need to learn to say no when necessary to anything tempting in front of me, or at least enjoy it in moderation. But when it comes down to it, I eat cleaner because it makes me feel good. When I don't eat clean, I don't feel good. End of story. 

I have to mention how thankful I was for Lee this weekend; he did almost all of my food prep for me. You can be jealous... now. 

And it's my mama's birthday today! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment