Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My First WIAW!

 It was a rest day today from Body Earned, and I managed to develop an awesome ab workout. I was a sweaty mess by the end of it - success! I'm going to post what I did tomorrow.

After a couple weeks I finally remembered to take (amateur) pictures of (most) of my food yesterday for my first What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW). If you haven't heard of these, check out Peas and Crayons! This is just my regular diet - I chose not to follow the exact guidelines from Body Earned since I can't follow a "diet" to save my life.
I was too concerned about getting food in me PWO that I forgot to take a picture until after it was gone. This was a typical smoothie. I had the other half pre-workout.
I also had a coffee once I got to the office with a bit of Coffeemate - I still can't give it up.
About an hour and a half after my workout I had egg whites with quinoa, onion, mushroom, zucchini and a bit lot of Franks. I had an apple too which is abnormal, but I had been craving one. 
I was excited for lunch all morning. I had leftover spaghetti squash; it was just as good as it was Monday night. Could have used a bit more turkey though :)
Afternoon snack was two blueberry protein muffins (completely addicted to these!), a hard boiled egg, cucumber and celery!

When I got home from the office and getting my oil changed I was starving an ate two protein cookies, which were gone too fast to be pictured.
It was Tuesday, which of course means dinner with Amy and a new recipe. We had fish taco salad. It had:
-Spinach and romaine
-Yellow peppers
-Tomato
-Onions
-1/2 an avocado

For dressing I mixed salsa with a chipotle aioli (made from LF cottage cheese). I'll work on the measurements for this recipe.
The fish was haddock coated in egg whites and breaded in panko with taco seasoning mixed into it. I baked it at 500 for 15 minutes. 

After I took the picture I doused the salad in Franks, of course. 

Later in the evening I had mint chocolate "ice cream" made with LF cottage cheese, vanilla protein, mint extract and a few crushed dark chocolate chips. 
I may have eaten a few other pieces of dark chocolate over the course of the evening... I need to work on that bad habit!
 
 And just for fun - my favourite dog that I get to hang out with on Tuesday nights. Zoe must miss me all week because she cuddles up to me and tries to lick my face off every Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment