Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday Thoughts #3

Happy Friday! Today is an especially good one because I get to work from home today, AND because I worked so much on the weekend, I don't have to work a full day, AND it's 6:00am and I've already worked out. Jealous? Week 1 of body earned complete! Although I haven't been loving my stomach this week, I'm trying to focus on the positive, so I thought today I'd focus on something I have loved this week:


On another note, I should probably let Lee off the hook from folding the laundry... 



I'm not sure if I'm going to keep going with the "Friday Thoughts" - I realized yesterday that I think I got the idea from Peace Love & Oats Thursday Thoughts! If you haven't checked out Katie's blog yet - I highly suggest it!

Yesterday I didn't eat a single meal at home, apart from a snack when I got back from volunteering around 9pm. Crazy right? I'm proud of myself though, because I managed to keep my eats clean...until I got home. I was prepared and packed every meal that I ate on Wednesday night, worth a pat on the back? BUT, when I got home after being stuck in traffic on the 401, I ran straight to some the dark chocolate treats I had made. Not my best decision, but that's okay. I'm not going to beat myself up about it - it happens!

Tomorrow I'm volunteering and running the FAB 5K Community Challenge with all of my FAB girls that I've been coaching since April. After that I'm rushing straight to my parent's house to shower and get ready to head to Point Clarke for my cousin's bachelorette! Can't believe she's getting married in two weeks!


This weekend will definitely be another one that I'm away from my own kitchen, which tends to stress me out. I always struggle with my eats on weekends. One of my goals is to try and be more reasonable when I'm away; instead of throwing all caution to the wind, eating everything in sight, and then feeling terrible on Monday morning. I definitely like to indulge a bit on weekends, but this summer I want to work on keeping it within reason. 

In these situations, I like to consider my lactose-intolerance a blessing in disguise. It gives me a very easy excuse to pack some of my own foods to bring. This weekend for the bachelorette I'm going to bring some plain microwave popcorn, trail mix, possibly some dark chocolate and protein pancakes for Sunday morning. Luckily dinner with my parents on Sunday night with be lactose-free and healthy as always!

I'm really hoping to be able to stay on track this weekend and practice my self-control. 

How do you fair on weekends?

No comments:

Post a Comment