Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Thoughts

TGIF! Everyone in my office feels like this has been the longest week, I can't say that I'm with them, but I'm very happy that it's Friday. I learned a few things about myself this week, I thought I'd share...

1. My new Polar Watch is as good as a personal trainer. Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration, since it can't spot me, but it's SO motivating. I used it yesterday during a lifting workout for the first time; I pushed so much harder than I normally would have, since I was so excited to see my burn at the end. Success!

2. My body needs carbs. This may seem like an obvious point, but I had a breakthrough this week with what happens to my body when I'm not eating enough. From Monday-Wednesday of this week, I was eating stir-fry for lunch. When making it, I threw in a ton of veggies, chicken, some leftover brown rice, and leftover spaghetti squash. It was delicious, but by the time the rice and squash was distributed between three lunches, there weren't a ton of carbs in any of them. By 1:30 each afternoon, I was tired, grumpy and craving junk food. Wednesday was the worst, since my morning eggs were also lacking carbs. Thursday I got it together, and put my chicken salad on a wrap. Much better. Lesson learned!

3. I'm lactose intolerant. I need to admit this to myself, and give it up. After a process that took about 3 months, it is finally clear. Dairy makes me feel like garbage. End of story. A few months ago I went to see a dietician - I was constantly bloated and uncomfortable, and had finally had enough. After eliminating dairy, and exploring a few other changes to my diet, and then re-introducing dairy, we figured it out. If you feel like your body is off, I highly suggest seeing a dietician, or even a naturopath about it. I know in a few days when the final effects of the yogurt yesterday wear off, I'm going to feel amazing! 

At this point, 3:30 can't come fast enough. I'm very excited for date night tonight with Lee! :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment