Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Thoughts #2!

Happy Friday! 

One of my first thoughts this morning, and the only real thought running through my head right now is: "I have a triathlon tomorrow. What am I THINKING??"

I still can't really say what I've been thinking these last couple months when I haven't bothered to train for this. As easy as it would be to decide to accidentally not show up to Guelph Lake tomorrow, I know I'd regret not going. And there's a small piece of me that is super stoked to be immersed in the excitement of the event. I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow to convey the feeling of the triathlon community and environment - it really is an amazing thing.

Right now, I'm just trying to focus on the feeling I had at this moment at the TTF when I realized I was going to reach my time goal for the Olympic Distance. 

Tomorrow, my only real goal is to have fun while I'm "racing". I hate that word. I'm not racing, I'm just moving forward to reach a finish line and be proud of what I've done. I'm almost using Guelph One as a "see you later" to endurance sports for now - until I decide to set down the weights for a bit and actually do some distance training. I guess I do have a goal - I want to remember to take my bike shorts off BEFORE I start running so that I don't have to run in them like last time...

On the bright side, at least I'll have this guy to suffer with..


And it probably won't be as bad as that one day we decided to bike 95km into the wind to Seaforth...

And I get to look legit wearing the sweet lululemon jersey that Lee's family got for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment